2020年11月24日火曜日

What happened on you, Angel ?!

 Recently, I and my family often watch CNN Philippines for dinner to learn about the Corona disaster and the US presidential election. Unfortunately, I don't have enough English proficiency to listen to CNN news and understand everything. However, I have a good understanding of the important news, thanks to reading the Japanese version of CNN online.

One day, I was surprised to hear familiar names such as "DepED" and "Angel Locsin" in the Philippine domestic news. They had never be reported in the Japanese version at all. DepED is my wife's office, and Angel Locsin is a very famous Filipino actress even I know.


With her beauty and outstanding proportions, Miss Angel has been featured on the cover of FHM, a Philippine men's magazine, many times and has been rated as the sexiest FHM model. Actually, I drew her twice in the illustrations I sometimes post on this blog, entitled "Private Encyclopedia of Filipino Beauties".

The news is really terrible.

Currently for covid19, school lessons are conducted online or in distance learning using printed materials called "modules" in the Philippines. A health and physical education material distributed by a teacher on Mindoro Island had the following description.

Angel Locsin is an obese person. She, together with Coco Martin eats fatty and sweet food in Mang Inasal fast food restaurant most of the time. In her house, she always watching television and does not have any physical activities. What would happen to Locsin if she continues her lifestyle?

Oh my! What does it mean "Angel is an obese person"? I was surprised and asked my wife, "Angel Locsin, the sexy actress?" My wife said, "Look at her recent photos."

I was shocked when I googled images with "Angel Locsin recent". I wondered if she was a little chubby, but there were photoes of her morbidly fat, like a different person from her previous appearance.

The cause of her rapid weight gain is said to be a side effect of the medicine she took to relieve back pain. It's a tragic for her. But regardless of her figure, in the photo she looked very happy with her fiancé.

Upon further searching, I found that she had many slanderous defamation from stupid netizens about her fatness. There are idiots in Japan and the Philippines who write badly on the Internet.

By the way, Angel Locsin had a formal education at a design school in London before being scouted and becoming an actress. Even now, she works not only in the entertainment business, but also as a fashion designer. Also noteworthy is her enthusiastic philanthropy.

Recently, the Philippine government did not pay the International Red Cross, so the examination for the patients suspected of covid19 infection was suspended. She made a large donation to support the payment.

As a very natural reaction, DepED formally apologized for the inadequate checking of this material. Many people argue that "Her activity and body shape are irrelevant." Well it would be so.

But I can say that it was her beauty and well-proportioned style that made her a big Filipino star. That's why I became a fan of her, who had never seen a movie or drama in which she appeared. So, it's a shame for me that her body shape has changed. Of course, Angel herself would never be happy with that.

It was a sad post in many ways.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿